Harley-Davidson Inc.’s 115th anniversary bash in Milwaukee on Labor Day weekend will be more about the bikes and riding than big-stage concerts.
New venues, including motorcycle racing on Bradford Beach, will distinguish the 115th from Harley’s previous anniversaries, which attracted hundreds of thousands of riders to Milwaukee from all over the world.
Some things you can expect:
- Lots of street parties across the city with live music, but no headline acts like Aerosmith or Bruce Springsteen.
- Motorcycle field games such as “slow races,” T-ball, barrel rolls, plank rides and “weenie bites.”
- A “moto-carnival” at Veterans Park with high-wire motorcycle thrill shows and the Wall of Death from the Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis, S.D.
- Racing on Bradford Beach, where bikes will tear through the sand on the Lake Michigan shoreline.
- “Run What You Brung” drag racing and Flat Out Friday flat-track racing.
- READ MORE: https://www.jsonline.com/story/money/business/2018/02/27/harley-davidson-more-focused-bikes-than-concerts-115th-anniversary/375150002/